With the returns of Kevin Davis and Joe Cannata, the blue line got a bit crowded, and possibly as a result, Nolan De Jong sat this one out.
- Good start for Utah, equally good start for Evan Fitzpatrick, unfortunately.
- Fortunately, Cannata is looking good too.
- Breakaway for Herbert, Fitzpatrick makes the save. Again.
- That was a very nice move by Carroll to keep the puck in the offensive zone.
- Tim Mcgauley clearly has some beef against Tulsa! His second fight of the season comes against Alex Kromm! He had not yet begun to fight, but the refs break it up.
- The play is quite physical already.
- Tulsa has put their foot down, and has doubled up on shots in the back half of this period.
- MARCHY ON THE POWER PLAY.
- Good first period for Utah, despite getting outshot 12-5. Cannata definitely has had to be sharp.
- Good kill to open the period. McGauley, especially, was strong.
- …Well…that’s not a great goal.
- 15-5 are the shots for Tulsa, that’s not ideal either.
- Between Walker’s wheels, and some saves by Cannata, we’ve got another good kill.
- Shots are now 20-8 for Tulsa…They’ve been able to set up in Utah’s zone for long stretches throughout the game.
- Cannata is still looking strong, which is probably why this game is still tied.
- Taylor, the puck is supposed to go into the net, not you!
- Another good penalty kill to end a period.
- Cannata turns aside a short-handed odd-man rush.
- That’s the second power play Ottenbreit has drawn this game.
- Josh Anderson scores his first pro goal to put the Grizzlies up 2-1!!
- Marchment is a fight away from a Gordie Howe hat trick, and McGauley just needs a goal for one.
- Everyone from both sides is falling over in the Utah end. Turns out ice is super slippery! XD
- Oilers’ net is empty…
- Oh Richart did NOT miss the empty net by much.
- GRIZZLIES WIN 2-1!!!
Jake Marchment and Joe Cannata were named first and second star of the game. Utah looks to complete the visit with a sweep before heading to Wichita.
Photo courtesy of Tim Broussard and staff.