On Saturday night the Grizzlies looked to Kevin Carr to out-goalie Adam Carlson, and Grayson Downing, after returning to the lineup on Friday, once again was a scratch.
- Good possession for the Grizzlies in the first four minutes or so.
- Good possession continues. No whistles either. Utah has the only shot seven minutes or so in.
- Utah’s definitely dominating possession right now (and shots, which are 5-0 half-way through the first).
- Liam Bilton gets the first Rush shot of the game, but Carr calmly bats it aside.
- No rust on Carrsy, that’s for sure. (Not that he’s really been tested so far either though.)
- The Devils comparison Tyson made the other night is quite apt. Serious shut-down hockey with great goaltending. Effective, but boring.
- Ryan Walters with some wheels on that PK!
- COLE ULLY MAKES SURE WE WON’T BE SHUT OUT TONIGHT, NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS.
- OH boo. Carlson isn’t perfect tonight, and neither is our penalty kill. Tie game.
- Good possession on this power play.
- 1-1 after 20, shots 8-5 for the boys.
- Well, that was a very, very scrambly first shift!! gulp
- Well, after that scrambly beginning, the Grizzlies have had some good shots.
- I don’t think Carlson knew where that puck went.
- Either he’s having an off night, or the Grizzlies have succeeded in making him look human finally.
- Verpaelst with a thunderous hit on the power play there.
- Carlson really is looking mortal this evening. He’s still really good, but he’s not absolutely flawless and unflappable like he was the previous two games.
- Oh my goodness, Kevin.
- Jake Marchment is so strong on his skates.
- Turner Ottenbreit absolutely FLYING over there.
- HUGE save by Carr. He’s been so good tonight.
- 17-15 are the shots for Utah in this tied game.
- Two minutes to Rapid City for making us sit through Baby Shark during intermission.
- Good hustle there by Ully to bale out Richart after his stick broke!
- Carr gets tripped up behind his own net, and Ottenbreit and Verpaelst are deeply unamused.
- The puck is seriously bouncing in the Utah zone, and it’s nerve-wracking.
- Raats takes a huge hit to the head, and the Grizzlies are off to a five minute power play. Klotz gets shown the gate.
- Turner, you’re supposed to put the puck in the net, not yourself!
- TAAAAAAAYLORRRRRR 2-1 ON THE POWER PLAY!!
- Oh, never mind, Marchment deflected it, but STILL.
- Goodness. Not sure how Kevin or the defenseman got over in time to take away the WIDE open net there.
- Utah’s got fewer shots tonight, but they’ve definitely put them to better use.
- Oh no. Economos to the box for tripping. It wasn’t a great call either.
- Absolute mayhem around the net, and the puck gets put past Carr with 13 seconds left. No one is happy. (Well, the Rush are, but that’s besides the point.)
- Carlson has gone back to god mode. Ully and Verpaelst with a pair of nice shots there.
- I don’t know how Verpaelst managed to hold onto the puck and keep it in the zone.
- Youch. Rush player blocked that Ottenbreit shot with his face!
- Have I mentioned recently how much I HATE the shoot out??
- Rush win 3-2 in the skills competition.
- First Period: Ully (Herbert, Ottenbreit)
- Second Period: None
- Third Period: Marchment (Richart, Herbert) (PP)
UTA: 1/8 (10 PIM)
RC: 2/5 (22 PIM)
Photo courtesy of Action Sports Photography.
If you like the work I do on the blog, please consider supporting me by buying me a coffee by clicking the button below, or consider becoming a patron!