With their playoff spot assured, the Grizzlies looked to keep the wins coming against the Americans. The roster remained the same, though some of the wingers switched spots, and Kevin Carr once again got the start.
- Good pace from the Grizzlies to start the game.
- So of course Allen strikes first through a heavily screened Carr.
- Ryan Walters with a point blank shot on C.J. Motte, rather like the play Jack Walker made to Michael Economos last game. No dice though.
- Great pace from both teams throughout the first so far.
- They’ve picked up right where they left off last night, two crowds by the time the game has hit the eight minute mark.
- Turner Ottenbreit draws the first power play of the night.
- Aaaaaand it’s negated.
- Uhg. Breakaway goal for Braylon Shmyr four-on-four.
- Carroll rings iron.
- Jacob Doty and Teigan Zahn drop the gloves!
- Walters has had a couple of really good looks, but Motte appears to have his number at the moment.
- Utah coughs up the puck in their own zone, and Shmyr scores again.
- Carroll causes chaos!
- Ully gets shoved into the goalie, and yet gets a penalty for it. Go figure.
- ….And Ausmus gets a ten minute misconduct.
- That was not the first period anyone wanted…At least, not goal wise.
- Ok. Put that period behind us, there’s plenty of time…right???
- Herbert gets a look in alone, but is stopped by Motte. Ully gets a good one as well.
- Oooh Carr was NOT happy after that. Took a whack at Miller, and then that drew a crowd. Carr and Miller both get penalties.
- Walters has had some really good games lately, and he’s already up to four shots.
- HE SCORES.
- Aaaaaaaand Allen comes right back with a goal.
- And Carr takes a whack at Miller. Both get penalties.
- Dalton Thrower to the box.
- Another scrum breaks out after a whistle at Allen’s net. Austin Carroll and Gary Steffes head to the box for roughing. Moose is loose.
- Zahn had a couple of strong moves there. And then he takes a penalty.
- Allen cuts away from the game at the worst possible moments.
- Anyone else think those horns in Allen’s noise-o-meter piece look like Solo cups??
- Walker always making things interesting with his speed.
- Verpaelst takes a penalty with 40 seconds left, and Allen scores.
- Nagel to the box, not how we wanted this period to start…
- Lots of penalties…
- All of the penalties…
- Come on…anyone in white…just get a goal…
- This power play would be a great time to get a goal with ten to go…
- Well, they certainly made an effort there!
- Ully gets hit and that draws a crowd and a power play. Five-on-three here, and this is BIG.
- HERBERT!!!! Caleb gets his 31st following some sweet, sweet passing from Ully and Walker.
- CARROLL ON THE SECOND HALF OF THE POWER PLAY!!
- Way to deliver on that five-on-three, then five-on-four!!
- Empty net for Utah.
- Empty net goal for Salituro.
- Well, the good news is the power play was quite effective, and the goals came from Walters, Carroll, and Herbert.
- The bad news is…well, points to the score.
- Grizzlies fall 6-3.
Herbert became the first Utah player since Ryan Kinasewich to surpass 30 goals (he’s got a long way to go to catch him though), while the Utah power play remained hot.
The road trip continues in Wichita on on Wednesday.
- First Period: None
- Second Period: Walters (Ottenbreit, Richart) (PP)
- Third Period: Herbert (Walker, Ully) (PP), Carroll (Herbert, Walker) (PP)
UTA: 3/7 (35 PIM)
ALN: 1/7 (25 PIM)
Photo courtesy of Action Sports Photography.
If you like the work I do on the blog, please consider supporting me by buying me a coffee via the button below, or consider becoming a patron!