After last night’s whacky affair, the Grizzlies looked to erase their loss. The roster remained the same, although Kevin Carr got the start.
- Grizzlies once again take an early penalty. Shots are far improved from last night already though!
- Someone in the crease with a really great active stick to bat that puck out of harm’s way.
- Why haven’t I seen Marchment since the penalty, meanwhile Walters and Herbert are double shifting…
- That shot made Kevin’s water bottle go flying, but he makes the save!
- Oh there’s Jake.
- There was a good couple of seconds there where nobody on either team had any idea where that puck was, lol.
- DICKINSON FALLS DOWN, SPINS AROUND, AND BEATS MOTTE.
- All the power plays belong to us.
- Much better first period. Utah out-shoots Allen 13-6.
- Some nice shots to start the second with that 58 seconds of power play time, but Motte is sharp.
- Are we gonna have to call Marchy the Gunslinger now?
- Carr gets shoved away but still makes the save.
- All sorts of chances there from Walters, Zahn, and Smith.
- Irritatingly good kill from Allen there.
- Economos flying short-handed. As he does.
- Some four-on-four hockey coming up.
- Now Motte loses his water bottle.
- Allen with some momentum as the period draws to an end.
- Ew. Why.
- Allen plays their replays at the most inconvenient moments.
- Richart leads the Grizzlies with five shots after two periods.
- 2-1 after 40.
- Carr with some very nice saves to start the third as Allen controls play.
- 1:11 of five-on-three for Utah coming up. Scoring on this would be big…
- Best chances came from Ryan Walters.
- That started as a really good defensive effort from Anderson and the others, and ended up as a painful goal.
- Well. Talk about every opportunity to get a goal. Utah here, and nothing doing.
- And another long five-on three (1:07 this time).
- Once again, nothing doing. That’s definitely frustrating that they were given two such big chances and came up empty.
- So of course Allen scores.
- That’s Utah’s tenth power play of the night. This is definitely a change from last weekend.
- Except that KC actually scored on their power play opportunities.
- Well. That was an incredibly frustrating game for the exact opposite reasons from last weekend.
- Empty net goal for Allen.
- There’s a big crowd after the buzzer, and Allen gets penalties for unsportsmanlike conduct and roughing at the end of the game.
- 4-2 Americans.
Ottenbreit now has four goals in his last seven games, and Josh Dickinson continues to tick along at a very nice pace.
Grizzlies look for revenge in the final game of the series tomorrow at 3PM.
- First: Ottenbreit (Walters, Freschi), Dickinson (De Jong, Maxwell) (PP)
- Second: None
- Third: None
Utah: 1/10 (8 minutes)
Allen: 0/4 (32 minutes)
Photo courtesy of Action Sports Photography.
If you like the work I do on the blog, please consider supporting me by buying me a coffee!