On the road with the quick turn-around, it was no surprise that while the lines looked similar, Joe Cannata got the start.
- Well. That was a bad beginning.
- After that first shift though, Utah looks pretty good.
- That was a really nice series of chances on the power play.
- Yikes. that Komets player must have whiffed big time. The net was wide open.
- Oh no, Gage, why.
- Ryan Walters is sneaky fast. Maybe not quite like Misiak or Walker, but faster than you might suspect.
- Uhhhhgggg. Good screen, FW. Good screen.
- Post and in. This is not an ideal first period.
- Ah. Yeah, no. Very not good.
- Thank goodness that 4-0 disaster is over!
- That was a really nice series of chances from Dzakhov, Walters, and Carroll.
- The Grizzlies are definitely playing a lot better in their own end this period than they were last.
- Walker with those wheels gets a gorgeous breakaway, and draws a power play!
- OH lord. Short-handed. That’s just adding insult to injury.
- Anderson drops the gloves with Szydlowski! That’s a bit of a surprising match-up.
- MCGAULEY GOAL!!!
- Henke with a breakaway to end the second, and he draws a power play!
- Much better.
- Ouch. De Jong just went rib-first into the post in the back of the net.
- Please go play not in your own zone…
- McGauley has looked strong tonight, even aside from the goal.
- Alright, anyone wearing white, we could really use a goal.
- There’s definitely still time…but that time is rapidly beginning to dwindle…
- He’s been having a good game, so it’s very nice to see him rewarded, and it’s even nicer to be within two!!
- “Grizzlies allegedly onside.” Ha! (That certainly is the charitable way of putting it!)
- Ottenbreit had a very good shift just there, or perhaps more accurately, another good shift.
- Well, except for that disastrous four minutes in the first period, this has been –if nothing else — a respectable showing. Unfortunately…that four minute stretch…
- Empty netter for FW.
- You win some, you lose some.
- Still, four of six points is not bad.
- ECONOMOS!! That was a beautiful shot.
- This is definitely a far more respectable finish than the early going suggested we might see.
- Utah falls 6-4.
None of the Grizzlies earned a star, but Walters, Ottenbreit, and McGauley all had noticeably strong nights, and Richart was more or less his usual stalwart self on defense, as well as contributing the big Grizzlies’ opening goal. Cannata had a bad first period, but after that pulled himself together.
Obviously in an ideal world, the Grizzlies would have taken at least a point tonight, but overall, four points of a possible six, including two against the one of the very top teams in the league, in four days makes for a good road trip.
Utah returns home to face the Tulsa Oilers this week.
Photo courtesy of Tim Broussard & staff.