With the exception of Kevin Carr in net, the roster in Wheeling remained as they had in the Grizzlies’ win in Cincinnati, though Joey Raats took some shifts at forward.
- Both teams exchanging power plays in the first five minutes. Sort of hard to tell how anyone looks when all we’ve got is a black screen… XD
- Nailers out-shooting Utah 8-3, but sounds like the Sweet Carroll Line is off to a very hot start.
- Henke strikes first!! He seems to be making quite the habit of that! McGauley and Barron get the assists.
- Huzzah! We have video! And a power play!
- Marchment and Walker created a very nice chance there.
- Aaaaand now we’re five-on-four as Henke, Carroll, and Titcomb are all sent to the box.
- I still can’t believe the Grizzlies got J.T. Henke off waivers.
- Lots of shots for Wheeling, would really appreciate it if Utah would go play in the offensive zone a little bit more than they are…
- Oh that was a nice shot. Barron from Walters and Henke on the power play. 2-0 with half the period to go.
- Carr bobbled there, but still got back in time to make the save.
- Barron to the box.
- Yes, you did hear right. Carr is 11-2-1 this season.
- Wheeling with four of the first five shots in the first 2:30, but fortunately, Carr is sharp.
- Now six shots…though McGauley, Henke, and Economos had nice opportunities (which did not count as shots).
- Ah that shift was more like it, and it draws a power play!
- That is not a good power play.
- Carr continues to be very, very good right now.
- Tyson keeps mentioning the goalie thing that you don’t mention until they complete it, and it’s making me nervous.
- It’s been a pretty uneventful period, but considering the score, that’s probably a good thing.
- Uneventful, but Wheeling is still racking up shots.
- Empty net for Wheeling…
- If the Nailers ruin this in the last 40 seconds, I’m never gonna forgive them…
- Marchment with the empty netter!!
- With his second SHUT-OUT of the year, Carr improves to 12-2-1 this season, and the Grizzlies remain undefeated in 2019!!
- Babies don’t belong in refrigerators, just saying.
- 3-0 Utah!
Kevin Carr’s 30/30 saves easily earned him first star of the game, while Henke and Barron (both with a goal and an assist) got the second and third stars. It’s a very quick turnaround for the team, as they get on the bus tonight to head to Fort Wayne, where they will finish off the road trip tomorrow (Saturday).
Photo courtesy of Tim Broussard and staff.